Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2012
07-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2012

Greetings, Mopar fans out there in internet land! MisterN4Cer here, bringing you an up-close-and-personal perspective of one of the most popular gatherings of Pentastar enthusiasts from all across the country. We spent most of our day getting the "lay of the land", so to speak, but I did manage to snap a lot of great pics...

Proud Plymouth Plumage

One thing became clear as we walked along, admiring all the classic iron and talking with some of the owners--every ride has its story.

There's something very special about a car that has served its owner so well and still looks so good. Just goes to show you, it doesn't have to be a "trailer queen" to be a nice ride.

Overall, it was a most enjoyable day. Saw a lot of nice originals, restos & vintage stuff today. I understand there are supposed to be some late b-body entries on the showfield tomorrow. I'll be back on a little later, as soon as I've had a chance to clean up a bit (it was 96 degrees and muggy here today), I'll share a few pics of the Magnum/Mirada Concept Car.

N4CER

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 09:10 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Thumbs Up RE: Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2012

Great! More, More!!!! Big Grin and to think that I passed up a yellow and
primered 440/6pak Superbird for $300.00 back in 1984 because it was ugly????????
I'm such a dumbass!!! Laugh

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604043_medium.jpg]

Latest project:
[Image: Magnum_GT_signature_2.jpg]

Please Register or Login to view links.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Tongue RE: Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2012

Well, as they say, M-GT, hindsight is always 20-20...who knew?

OK, as promised, some pics of the Magnum/Mirada Concept Car from 1980.

I always did like the Mirada, next to the Magnum, I think it's one of Dodge's most impressive designs of that era. It's a pity this version never saw production, I think it's pretty sharp. The headlight covers (actually held on with Velcro!) are an obvious styling carryover from the Magnum that never made it to the showroom model.

The documentation states that the entire car is original down to the tires, and has 1981 Cordoba wheels and interior pieces from Imperials and Cordobas. The only non-original item is the battery.

This little beauty has only 160 miles and can be had for a mere $35,000.00 or best offer. Owner says he "will" sell this weekend.

Well, that's it for now Mopar fans, I'm kinda wiped, so I'm gonna call it a night. Enjoy the pics, I'll check in tomorrow with some more news & info.

N4CER
07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2012

Well it's Day 2 of our trip to the 2012 Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals and there's something for everyone here today, from rat rods to mod tops to barn finds and time bandits. Of course, no trip to an all-Mopar event would be complete without a visit to "b-body row".

As luck would have it, none of the owners were around when I went through, nevertheless I took the opportunity to grab some pics to share. These next three are for you, M-GT...

These wheels should look quite familiar to all of us by now. Tongue

More to come...

N4CER
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks!!!!!!
Magnum GT Looks good, show quality! Hope mine is never that nice, I'd never be
able to drive it?! Tongue Mine will always be a driver!!!! Big Grin

Late B body score!

Latest project:

07-07-2012, 10:56 PM
(07-07-2012 10:06 PM)MAGNUM GT XS22L9R Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Thanks!!!!!!
Magnum GT Looks good, show quality! Hope mine is never that nice, I'd never be
able to drive it?! Tongue Mine will always be a driver!!!! Big Grin

You can't see it in the photos, but the GT stripe on the hood is a little messed up. I was gonna tell the owner that Phoenix Graphix has the correct stripe sets for these, but s/he wasn't around.

Here's a couple pics of an interior I could really use for Magnum "X".

This is the interior of a '78 'doba that's identical to the one I had in my '78 E64 Magnum.

Well, I came to Carlisle to find an interior, and I found it...unfortunately, the owner probably isn't quite ready to part with it. I know I wouldn't want to. Sad

I WANT THESE SEATS!!

Oh, well, that's how it goes sometimes. On a positive note, I did score a complete '78 parts manual for $25, which will come in quite handy as I attempt to locate parts for Magnum "X".

Question, M-GT, didn't all A75 GT Magnums come through with wheel opening flares? That being the case, wouldn't that make that black '79 a GT clone?

N4CER
07-08-2012, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 05:24 AM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
(07-07-2012 10:56 PM)MisterN4cer Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.
Question, M-GT, didn't all A75 GT Magnums come through with wheel opening flares? That being the case, wouldn't that make that black '79 a GT clone?

N4CER

First, are you sure it's a 79? It has a 78 shift knob, and a 77/78 horn button? It also
has an added 140mph speedo. Opera window looks to be 79? Which taillights did
it have?
Note the second 78 car/Cordoba shift knob. Same!

Wheel Flares:
You could special order your Magnum GT w/o flares, so that being said.
The originals went bad or......................
The only way to really tell is seeing that the vin# matches the Data Plate. And of
course having the A75 code! But, there is now a person repoping Data Plates!
I've seen these blank plates go for over $100 on eBay????
Look underneath and look for the heavy duty 5 leaf springs and the rear sway bar.
He must have some paperwork showing it's a real GT? I have my Data Plate,
Window Sticker and some day hopefully I'll find my broadcast sheet. Mine is very
well documented not a clone! Once these get more well known you'll see more
clones.
Look what "Magnum Guy" did, he took a real GT and removed the dash, fender
flares and the data plate. Put them on a plain XE to make it look like a GT! Angry
Think about it, now he had two GT's Rolleyes to sell, more money in his pocket! I
reported about this in my thread "MAGNUM Hot list!" Some kid was trying to sell his
original 400 Magnum GT. "Magnum Guy"(Stupid) admitted to what he had done??!Confused
The kid was heart broken, he only had half a GT. Even his original 400ci was faked!
Found out it came with a 360ci 2bbl(K) via the Vin#!! He felt ripped off? Gee, wonder
why, he paid for a real 400ci GT?!! By removing the Data Plate, that made it fraud!

I've seen a lot of XE's with GT stripes on them, there's one on Craigslist right now.
Also seen Cordobas being sold as Magnums, a Magnum being sold as a
MagnumForce GT, Magnums selling, claiming there SX's, Sport models, with factory
Hemi's? Sometimes the owner is just clueless and others trying to pull the wool
over your head!! Gotta know your shit now a days if wanting the real deal! Angel

Late B body score!

Latest project:

08-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Some of these cars are in amazing condition.
Find all posts by this user