Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2016 Texas Mile updates and new event....
12-16-2015, 07:30 PM
The Texas Mile & U.S. Mile ANNOUNCEMENT

The Texas Mile and U.S. Mile 2016 Event Dates Announced. Invitation to join the Texas Mile Management at the upcoming Beeville City Council Meeting as the fate of the Texas Mile is determined.

Dear Texas Mile and U.S. Mile fans,

Along with many of you, we are excited about our recent announcement welcoming the Arkansas International Airport in Blytheville, AR as the home for our newest event, The Arkansas Mile. While excitement ensues, we are still facing issues maintaining The Texas Mile's home at Chase Field Industrial Complex in Beeville, Texas.
What is happening with The Texas Mile?

Recently, we received approval to renew our contract for the location at Chase Field in Beeville, Texas; however, the BDA (who operates Chase Field) did not grant our request to lower our event insurance policy. While we are grateful for the contract renewal, we are disappointed the BDA continues to require The Texas Mile to carry $50,000,000 in insurance (yes, you read that correctly) which is 10 times higher than the normal motorsports event liability coverage. This insurance policy is costing us between $105,000 to $110,000 a year.

However, the city of Beeville has been proving to be helpful as we integrate in and continue to become more involved with our friends and neighbors in the community. This upcoming Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 6:00 p.m., The Texas Mile Management team will be attending the Beeville City Council meeting to find out the fate of The Texas Mile's beloved home at Chase Field. The Beeville City Council will be voting on our request for $40,000 from the HOT (Hotel Occupancy Tax) Funds for use towards our required insurance policy. Ultimately, we are seeking $80,000 for the year, but requests are made per event. Without the financial assistance from the city and HOT Funds towards the insurance, the Texas Mile will be forced into searching for a new home or completely cancelled.

The BDA determines the insurance amount required and the Beeville City Council approves the utilization of their HOT Funds. Bottom line, if the BDA would lower the insurance amount to the standard $5,000,000 in liability we would not have to request funding towards our insurance policy from the city of Beeville. If you would like to show your support of The Texas Mile by writing a letter to either of these entities, you may submit it to info@texasmile.net. We appreciate any and all support of the Texas Mile!

We are inviting all Texas Mile fans to come show your support at the Beeville City Council Meeting and hear the fate of The Texas Mile.

Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.

2016 U.S. Mile and Texas Mile Event Dates

The Texas Mile: April 1-3, 2016
October 28-30, 2016
*Both dates contingent upon HOT Funds request granted

The U.S. ½ Mile: Tentative date for May 2016

The Arkansas Mile: June 3-5, 2016

The Colorado Mile: September 2-4, 2016

Registration dates, event schedules, etc. for all events will be coming soon.

With the holiday season in full swing, we cannot begin to express our appreciation for the love we feel from our fans, participants, sponsors, and staff. We are hoping for the best outcome possible from the meeting in Beeville next week and ask for your continued prayers. We will be keeping everyone up to speed on the happenings! Stay tuned.

God's Speed,

The Texas Mile and U.S. Mile Management

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: 2016 Texas Mile updates and new event....
Wow.....I hope the city council supports this. I'd hate for it to end before I get a chance to go. Also looks like this spring is a week before CF7.

Mopar408
2009 Challenger SRT8 6Spd - Arrington 392 / 2.9 Whipple "FOR SALE"
2016 Charger SRT - Stock Daily Driver
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat - Fun Car
1971 Plymouth Scamp - 435HP/402CI & a 5spd
12-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Yeah I just saw this so that schedule makes it failry tough for us to do the April Mile and CF7. As I have already committed to help with CF7, we will most likely not be able to attend the April Mile event. But maybe The Arkansa event will be doable since it is so close to my birthday. And yes 2016 is one od those millstone birthdays Smile

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
12-16-2015, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 08:42 PM by rdrdr90.)
Yeah, and the fall date is always right before LSMF. Makes it tough for me to make both in the fall.

2016 is a milestone for me too....ugh.

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin
12-16-2015, 08:58 PM
(12-16-2015 08:41 PM)BayouTigress Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Yeah I just saw this so that schedule makes it failry tough for us to do the April Mile and CF7. As I have already committed to help with CF7, we will most likely not be able to attend the April Mile event. But maybe The Arkansa event will be doable since it is so close to my birthday. And yes 2016 is one od those millstone birthdays Smile

40?
12-16-2015, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 09:11 PM by BayouTigress.)
(12-16-2015 08:41 PM)rdrdr90 Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Yeah, and the fall date is always right before LSMF. Makes it tough for me to make both in the fall.

2016 is a milestone for me too....ugh.

I was not going to say anything but ai remeber we are the same age Smile

(12-16-2015 08:58 PM)Williamsrt Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.
(12-16-2015 08:41 PM)BayouTigress Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Yeah I just saw this so that schedule makes it failry tough for us to do the April Mile and CF7. As I have already committed to help with CF7, we will most likely not be able to attend the April Mile event. But maybe The Arkansa event will be doable since it is so close to my birthday. And yes 2016 is one od those millstone birthdays Smile

40?

I wish!!! But thanks for the compliment! Smile

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
12-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Really sux they are pulling this crap on the insurance again, event was almost cancelled last March because of it.

Lisa & Sean yall are both young un's. Laugh I make the big 52 this month, just another day! Laugh

Team Shake-n-Bake ftw!
12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
I would travel to Arkansas for this. Even if they get their insurance lowered, it would not abate the semi-annual raising of the entry fees. It will get to the point where the grass roots racers like myself won't be able to hang with the big boys, although if they continue to sell out, will be of no consequence to them. JMO

2013 Chrysler 200 retractable hard top-3.6 VVT
2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - 5.7 Hemi - 3:92 open diff.
2009 Challenger R/T auto J package
12.235@110.32 1.727 60' DA 879 ft.
Completely stock Big Grin

[Image: Jackslaunch2_zps2eeb3141.png]
12-18-2015, 09:08 AM
(12-16-2015 09:29 PM)daparrothead Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Really sux they are pulling this crap on the insurance again, event was almost cancelled last March because of it.

Lisa & Sean yall are both young un's. Laugh I make the big 52 this month, just another day! Laugh

Your just a young whipper snapper... I will be 74 in Jan and still can row the boat. Beside I work on my own shit as Speedy says.

2010 Stone White R/T
[Image: 2010challenger22b.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2015, 09:20 AM
I'd like to do this, but if insurance is going up 10 times, what was the participant's cost in the past?

Sent using Tapatalk

-Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100hp shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers