Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie from Louisiana
10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Newbie from Louisiana
Hello everyone,

My name is Bryan and I met Sean at Lone Star Mopar Fest this past weekend and he pointed me over here and to the Facebook page. I live in central Louisiana for now, about 45 minutes north of Lake Charles. I move around about every 3 years or so but this is home for now. My wife (Alishia) is a very talented photographer and we have 3 kids.

Now, on to the cars:

First, I have a 2005 Magnum SXT that we bought used in April 2005. It was our family vehicle for years but a few mods and a move overseas have had it down for over 3 years. I'm so close to having it running again and I can't wait to see what she'll do.

[Image: IMG_4224_zpskejr0krm.jpg]

Next is my daily driver, a 2006 Charger SRT8. This past weekend at LSMF I went down the track for the first time ever and made 4 runs. My first 2 were bad, the last 2 were better, but I had a blast!. I'm looking forward to practicing more and getting better.

[Image: TPH_0212_zpshkohj43i.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0568_zpsallxx570.jpg]

Last is our family vehicle, a 2014 Durango RT AWD. It has been lowered with Road Magnet springs and boosted with a Whipple 2.9L blower. I've been having issues with tuning ever since we installed it in April but hopefully that'll get figured out soon.

[Image: Durango_web_zpsiwwkust7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Newbie from Louisiana
Welcome Bryan! Glad you made it over! Keep us posted on the Magnum!

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin
10-19-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: Newbie from Louisiana
Welcome from New Orleans. Hubby has a hum "slightly" modded SRT8 Challenger that he on occasion lets me drive Wink. Hope to meet you at a track soon!

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
10-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're hanging around Ft. Polk for awhile.

There is a pretty large contingent of Mopar guys in Cenla and you might recognize some of them here.
10-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard ! Nice rides, so what kind of issues are you having on the Durango ? Who's doing the tuning ?

Team Shake-n-Bake ftw!
10-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

(10-19-2015 03:47 PM)rdrdr90 Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Welcome Bryan! Glad you made it over! Keep us posted on the Magnum!

Thanks, I definitely will.

(10-19-2015 03:54 PM)BayouTigress Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Welcome from New Orleans. Hubby has a hum "slightly" modded SRT8 Challenger that he on occasion lets me drive Wink. Hope to meet you at a track soon!

Evadale is my closest track so I'm going to try to get out there every Saturday I have off before they close for the season. I actually stopped by there on my way home from Houston yesterday just to see where it was. I expected it to be closed but the gate was open and nobody was there. I SERIOUSLY thought about unloading my car and making a few passes, Laugh.

(10-19-2015 05:05 PM)BayouTiger Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're hanging around Ft. Polk for awhile.

There is a pretty large contingent of Mopar guys in Cenla and you might recognize some of them here.

Yep, I'm stationed at Polk and I live in DeRidder but I haven't met anyone in the area other than Kelly Mitchell. I've seen a few nice cars around town and I've been half tempted to just walk up and knock on the front door and say, "Hey, what's up?!"

(10-19-2015 05:23 PM)daparrothead Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Welcome aboard ! Nice rides, so what kind of issues are you having on the Durango ? Who's doing the tuning ?

Johan has done my tuning so far, but it stumbles and misfires and falls on its face, mostly in the 2500-4500 range. It spits black smoke when I'm accelerating--when I hook up my trailer sometimes it looks like I've got a diesel and I'm rolling coal. I sent some logs to AJ and he pointed out an issue with my spark. I tried getting in to see AJ when I drove up to New England during a family vacation but his dyno broke the day I left and he couldn't get it back up before I left.

-Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100hp shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers
10-19-2015, 07:54 PM
I think if anyone can straighten it out it would be AJ.

So what motor does the Magnum have in it ?

Team Shake-n-Bake ftw!
10-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Welcome

[Image: c6c82317-60fd-460c-8739-e2b4327371af_zpssx36tsjo.jpg]
10-19-2015, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2015 08:58 PM by Bryali.)
(10-19-2015 07:54 PM)daparrothead Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I think if anyone can straighten it out it would be AJ.

So what motor does the Magnum have in it ?
Like my signature says, way more than it's worth Laugh

It was a 3.5 V6 that's been forged, bored, and stroked to a 4.0L with 10:1cr. Heads and cams were recommended/chosen for boost by the engine builder. It has a Vortech V3 that I plan to push to 10-12psi and a Nitrous Outlet single stage wet kit. I traded my 4spd for a 5spd from Paramount and a GETRAG 3.92 LSD. My exhaust is Stainless Works long tubes with catless mids and a Magnaflow dual exhaust.

Long story short:

The engine, trans, and diff were installed by the engine builder but he never got it running after having my car for 11 months. I brought the car back to me, shipped it down to Florida to have the wiring figured out. It came back to me and it would crank, but it made an awful noise in the bellhousing area. I checked the transmission and the fluid was milky and the TC wasn't bolted to the flexplate. I yanked the junk trans that was installed and replaced it with the Paramount one. Then I went on 2 vacations but now I'm back and ready to finish it. I need to reinstall my driveshaft, exhaust, starter, a new fuel pump, top off fluids, and hopefully fire it back up.

-Bryan

2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100hp shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91

2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers
10-20-2015, 05:37 AM
Welcome!

Mopar408
2009 Challenger SRT8 6Spd - Arrington 392 / 2.9 Whipple
2016 Charger SRT - Stock Daily Driver
1971 Plymouth Scamp - 435HP/402CI & a 5spd

[Image: 11SecondClub_zps4311b1c5.gif]