Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 5 Average
The MAGNUM Hot list! (Continued/Part 3) [1975-79 Magnum XE's & GT's and Chargers]
10-29-2012, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2012 04:17 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Tongue RE: The MAGNUM Hot list! (Continued/Part 3) [1975-79 Magnum XE's & GT's and Chargers]

Yep, they look pretty darn close! I wonder if they are also aluminum and if the
middle is painted or if there is some kind of pie tin for the gold part with the red pin
striping? I do love the 1970 300 Hurst! Big Grin

I did notice that the inside curve with the gold painted part of the 300H wheels
curves inward and the newer one curves more outward. My guess they are of the
same design, just updated slighty? Very cool! Cool
[Image: Chrysler_300_Wheel.jpg]

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604043_medium.jpg]

Latest project:
[Image: Magnum_GT_signature_2.jpg]

Please Register or Login to view links.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 04:12 PM by toomanycarsnotenuftime.)
RE: The MAGNUM Hot list! (Continued/Part 3) [1975-79 Magnum XE's & GT's and Chargers]
I listed a bunch of stuff on ebay today, then found this place...a bunch sold already, check it out please...

I have a bunch more to go up. Basically 25 years of collecting for my GT, and I think I will let it go too.
Those aluminum wheels I have used on a bunch of things, I have pulled then off misc. C bodies for sure. There is a steel version almost identical.
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: The MAGNUM Hot list! (Continued/Part 3) [1975-79 Magnum XE's & GT's and Chargers]
Thanks Smile It is true the money part...I have gotten rid of a lot of cars the last few years. I of course will keep a few, bet I do have a slew of parts that have to go. I figure if I say goodbye to the GT (about 75000 miles on the car) I will keep the low mile 300...my justification anyway. Really having a hard time biting the bullet on this one, but need the cash. Love the car.
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 02:46 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Thumbs Down I just don't get the greed?
(11-04-2012 10:38 AM)toomanycarsnotenuftime Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Thanks Smile It is true the money part...I have gotten rid of a lot of cars the last few years. I of course will keep a few, bet I do have a slew of parts that have to go. I figure if I say goodbye to the GT (about 75000 miles on the car) I will keep the low mile 300...my justification anyway. Really having a hard time biting the bullet on this one, but need the cash. Love the car.

OK, if you've read this thread you know I don't hold back when someone asks way
more than a car or part is worth. I know that you have "or best offer" listed but, some
of your asking prices are to the point of ridiculous!? Sad

It's funny that most of the guys who own these Magnums and Cordobas don't have
much money like the Mopar guys with the older muscle cars? Selling or buying
these late B bodies is hard for any serious money and it normally takes weeks to
months to sell them, in some cases years?
But, the NOS parts, everybody then thinks these same guys now have money to
burn???? Seriously? Over $2000 for a set of headlight covers or $500 for a turn
signal?????! Wow, I just sold the same NOS turn light for $75.00 and bought a pair
for $99! Please Register or Login to view links. has some of the same stuff for less and even his prices are a
bit high for most here?!

Over $2000 for a set of headlight covers? I bought mine for $400 NOS-NIB with all
the hardware!

$1000.00 for T-top trim?! No thanks, I'll buy the better aftermarket trim for
$50 new!!!! Confused

Your "Price: US $63.60" Get a clue: They still make these for around $10.00-$20.00
shipped! Dodgy
[Image: mJSEzNIwYUheqQhaI92P_4w.jpg]
I guess free shipping is not really free, huh?!

EBAY:Please Register or Login to view links.
[Image: mVL-V8yu1PGaZQ7pbwxtiMQ.jpg]

Sorry to be so hard on you but I hope you get my point?

Late B body score!

Latest project:

11-04-2012, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 06:10 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Got ya, MisterN4cer! Weren't you the one earlier who claimed that everyone was
asking too much for their stuff? Now, because I think his prices are even high for
me, Now I'm wrong?? Laugh

By the way, his stuff eventually sold for a lot less than he was asking! Tongue

Ebay Magnum......................

Member: Please Register or Login to view links.'s Magnum
XE Please Register or Login to view links.
[Image: $(KGrHqZ,!hoFBsOTfOoOBQkIZm,jwg~~60_3.JPG]

[Image: $(KGrHqJHJCQFBTBwKyw1BQkIeCNUWQ~~60_12.JPG]

[Image: 38880604046_medium.jpg]
Fender Tag/Data Plate/Broadsheet Decoders!:

1975-1979's Magnums/Cordobas/Chargers/Furys/StRegis: Please Register or Login to view links.

1974 and Older Mopars: Please Register or Login to view links.

Late B body score!

Latest project:

11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I really like that brown car
11-05-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 11:15 AM by toomanycarsnotenuftime.)
RE: I just don't get the greed?
(11-04-2012 02:25 PM)MAGNUM GT XS22L9R Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.
(11-04-2012 10:38 AM)toomanycarsnotenuftime Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Thanks Smile It is true the money part...I have gotten rid of a lot of cars the last few years. I of course will keep a few, bet I do have a slew of parts that have to go. I figure if I say goodbye to the GT (about 75000 miles on the car) I will keep the low mile 300...my justification anyway. Really having a hard time biting the bullet on this one, but need the cash. Love the car.

OK, if you've read this thread you know I don't hold back when someone asks way
more than a car or part is worth. I know that you have "or best offer" listed but, some
of your asking prices are to the point of ridiculous!? Sad

It's funny that most of the guys who own these Magnums and Cordobas don't have
much money like the Mopar guys with the older muscle cars? Selling or buying
these late B bodies is hard for any serious money and it normally takes weeks to
months to sell them, in some cases years?
But, the NOS parts, everybody then thinks these same guys now have money to
burn???? Seriously? Over $2000 for a set of headlight covers or $500 for a turn
signal?????! Wow, I just sold the same NOS turn light for $75.00 and bought a pair
for $99! Please Register or Login to view links. has some of the same stuff for less and even his prices are a
bit high for most here?!

Over $2000 for a set of headlight covers? I bought mine for $400 NOS-NIB with all
the hardware!

$1000.00 for T-top trim?! No thanks, I'll buy the better aftermarket trim for
$50 new!!!! Confused

Your "Price: US $63.60" Get a clue: They still make these for around $10.00-$20.00
shipped! Dodgy
[Image: mJSEzNIwYUheqQhaI92P_4w.jpg]
I guess free shipping is not really free, huh?!

EBAY:Please Register or Login to view links.
[Image: mVL-V8yu1PGaZQ7pbwxtiMQ.jpg]

Sorry to be so hard on you but I hope you get my point?

I hear where you are coming from, this is why I have or make offer. The park lamps sold last night for $500, and I had an offer of $300 before that. I agree with MisterN4cer sentiments on "that last piece". Also, when I did this with my Lil Red Express stuff 5-6 years ago, EVERY piece sold within a couple months. In that, a few of the really rare pieces were bought by someone that used them as the pieces to copy to make repop stuff...so that made a bunch of people happy.

Headlamp doors, I have only ever seen one side come up on ebay myself, twice since '98 or so...not something you get at pep boys. I searched the internet, and currently found one for sale, for $875, so that is what I based my pricing on. I pack things so they could be kicked to their destination without damage, and I know these will be $75 to get them to say, Florida from here, and ebay fees are 10%...someone makes a reasonable offer, I would be down.

Lock knobs...bitch about your country's economy (not you in particular), then support made in China crap...your call. Again a decent offer, no prob. I myself would in almost nearly every case easily pay up to 40% more for NOS than aftermarket. ESPECIALLY if it is made overseas. To me, that ad is shady...put an image with Chrysler part numbers, then in the written portion say it is a reproduction. As a note, before these were repopped, I had 2 pair bid up over $60, hence my pricing.

Look at all my stuff, some of it has been obsolete for 70+ years! I am selling NOS brake pedal pads for LESS than repops... Those lamps and stuff are hard for me to let go of, and someone that cares as much about their cars as I do will make a solid offer, mark my words.

T-top seals, FYI each of those 4 pieces was over $125 from Chrysler in the early 90's, that is my cost over $500 20 years ago! Funny that no-one really thinks that a hundred thousand dollar house (in my area) from 20 years ago is worth 10 times that today...not just double, and again, if you choose to use sunroof seal or something from a Pontiac or whatever, so be it. Some people like to use the real thing. Personally, I have done both, but on a full resto I never cheap out.

No shipping is not free, and it costs more from here...I just hate to have ebay charge me 10% on the ship costs now, it is so unreasonable. You say to the point of ridiculous...yet Frank (you know who I mean) does a consistent business...most of this stuff is not being made, and has been NS1 for over 20 years.

So please take into consideration with my feedback, the fact that a) I clearly am a stand up seller that packages well, b) very often take offers ;-). Understand as well, I have been involved with Mopars MOST of my life, and am selling this stuff with a heavy heart...I have had a Magnum in my life since the 80's.

The late b's are catching on finally, and in 10 years they will be massive, you know this. As they were always an underdog the parts have always been harder to get, and repops few and far between.

So I hope you can understand, of course I want as much as possible out of it, of course I will entertain offers, and of course I will not give it away. I feel the make offer is ebay's best innovation, that way both the buyer and the seller can be truly satisfied with the deal.

In that, if anyone wants to pm me, no problem, and I do have a lot that is not listed there for Magnums...doors/door panels/GT wheels/those aluminum wheels/fenders/headers/grilles/rallye clusters....
haha, I have to post again, i wanted to say something about the title of your post "I just don't get the greed?"

Greed is a relative thing. I usually don't post on the internet too much about my life, but here it goes:

15 years ago I made a decision to sell my life's collection of Mopar stuff to become a stay at home single dad. All my "beloved" cars and parts have dwindled away to feed house and clothe my children, and I have managed to be at pretty much every school function/dance production/hockey game etc. I decided that they were the most important thing to me, and what they needed took precedent over stuff. Most of my really good stuff is gone, but I have good kids, and to me this was a good trade off. I have spent most of the last 20 years donating my time as a volunteer in the community, and sometimes the money has been pretty tight, and I personally have gone without some luxuries to make sure they get what they need. Yes, I know this is choice, but I feel it was a worth sacrifice.

I still have my 78 Warlock project that has been in the family since 1980. I still have the 72 Charger project because my one son wants it. I still have the 30,000 mile 79 300 because my one daughter wants it. Most all my other cool cars are gone. The Magnum was the next choice to get through the next stretch, and it is the one I wanted and always said I would keep for myself.

Now, greed? My kids would tell you it is selflessness.

Some people would look at this, your collection:

(1) - 1979 Black Dodge Magnum GT 360ci 4bbl (E58 High Performance Police package) w/T-Tops, (2) - 1979 Triple Black Magnum XE 360ci 4bbl (E56>E58) w/Power Moonroof, (3) - 1979 Red/White Magnum GT 360ci 4bbl (E58-Police package) W/T-Tops, (4) - 1979 White Chrysler 300 360ci 4bbl (E58-Police package) W/T-Tops, (5) - 1979 White Magnum GT 360ci 4bbl (E57>E58) W/T-Tops (6) - 1978 White Magnum GT 400ci 4bbl (E64-N code) W/T-Tops(Sold) , And 4 other Magnum XE's

And say I just don't get the greed?... Everything is relative my friend.
11-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Here's one I've never seen before. Talk about rare

11-23-2012, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2015 05:25 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Same seller - Magnum parts......................

[Image: mp8hbVv91tNHCyHamwK2nyQ.jpg]

[Image: mSHVBPVVep8txy6vzNsxaNA.jpg]

[Image: mi9Iz8A5ApVf5ucPw7u_d4w.jpg]

[Image: mreGR2YzYEPAPqOImItCAYQ.jpg]

[Image: mOMREeCGSbfwSb_0yzdxFZA.jpg]

UPDATE:
toomanycarsnotenuftime's stuff has taken a long time
to sell?! And most that did sell, sold for what I said it was
worth or less! His Used $2000 Headlight covers wouldn't
even sell for the $500 start bid price??!!!

for sale, 79 Chrysler for sale, Cordoba for sale, Magnum for sale, Magnum
T-tops for sale,Cordoba T-tops for sale, Magnum sunroof for sale, Magnum
moonroof for sale, Cordoba sunroof for sale, Cordoba moonroof for sale,
Magnum XE T-tops for sale, Magnum GT T-tops for sale, Chrysler 300 T-tops for
sale, Magnum XE sunroof for sale, Magnum XE moonroof for sale, Chrysler 300
sunroof for sale, Chrysler 300 moonroof for sale, Magnum GT sunroof for sale,
Magnum GT moonroof for sale, 1975 Charger for sale, 1976 Charger for sale,
1977 Charger for sale, 1977 Charger Midnight for sale, 1979 Mopar, 1978
Mopar, Craigslist, eBay, Kijiji [Image: 38880604047_medium.jpg]

Late B body score!

Latest project:

11-28-2012, 01:46 AM
(11-03-2012 03:51 PM)toomanycarsnotenuftime Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I listed a bunch of stuff on ebay today, then found this place...a bunch sold already, check it out please...

I have a bunch more to go up. Basically 25 years of collecting for my GT, and I think I will let it go too.
Those aluminum wheels I have used on a bunch of things, I have pulled then off misc. C bodies for sure. There is a steel version almost identical.

Lots gone, a bunch still there...make some offers, you never know Wink