Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there anything that can be done?
02-09-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Is there anything that can be done?
Your forgetting about the nuts does that 5.7 have enough to use the gear in the mile and does the driver have enough to find out Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 10:59 AM
(02-09-2015 10:58 AM)OsO Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Your forgetting about the nuts does that 5.7 have enough to use the gear in the mile and does the driver have enough to find out Smile

Not at all.....on either account. Smile

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

[Image: 11SecondClub-5_zpshewte6gp.gif]

Garage:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1970 Plymouth Barracuda (440, M5)....currently residing in Austin
02-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I think we have drifted off topic. I think Sean's original concern was heat related. We have had some issue with higher temps in October. I think in the future we will take off the road wrap after every run and pop the hood to allow for more cooling. But our set up is so different than Sean's I am not sure my comments are even relevant here.

"How fast can you shift in heels.Wink"
"The first thing you check is the loose nut behind the wheel"
185.3 mph at the 10/14 Texas Mile
11.2 sec @129 mph
02-09-2015, 11:36 AM
(02-09-2015 11:31 AM)BayouTigress Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I think we have drifted off topic. I think Sean's original concern was heat related. We have had some issue with higher temps in October. I think in the future we will take off the road wrap after every run and pop the hood to allow for more cooling. But our set up is so different than Sean's I am not sure my comments are even relevant here.

That's part of it; my concern is the boost and the heat it creates on the stock pistons over a mile run.

They call me Pinque

2010 R/T Challenger 6.4 cam and Maggie @8lbs of boost. Some more stuff, but you get the idea. Installed by Texas House of Hemi. Tuned by the Hemituner!

Garage:
02-09-2015, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 11:46 AM by BayouTiger.)
Pretty sure our heat issue is the ole collapsing lower hose.

Sean, I think if you don't want to spray through the rotors, an IceBox would be the simplest bet, though I'm not sure how well it'll work with the Maggie. Not to mention having to deal with the supply of ice. I will have my big Yeti unhand and it keeps ice really well once cooled down.
02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
(02-09-2015 11:45 AM)BayouTiger Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Pretty sure our heat issue is the ole collapsing lower hose.

Sean, I think if you don't want to spray through the rotors, an IceBox would be the simplest bet, though I'm not sure how well it'll work with the Maggie. Not to mention having to deal with the supply of ice. I will have my big Yeti unhand and it keeps ice really well once cooled down.

Thanks Chuck, that is kinda where I am as well....or forging. dunno, lots to noodle.

They call me Pinque

Garage:
02-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Blow it up then worry about forging . Wish I had.

[Image: c6c82317-60fd-460c-8739-e2b4327371af_zpssx36tsjo.jpg]
02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Yep I sent my perfectly good motor and heads with about 5000s mile off as a core to Andy. Probably still running fine in someone's car labelled as a 392! Laugh

Just kidding! I don't want anywhere near that train wreck discussion.....
02-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Well, Sean, you got me thinking and I'm getting a ice box put in.
02-09-2015, 08:06 PM
(02-09-2015 08:04 PM)BayouTiger Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Well, Sean, you got me thinking and I'm getting a ice box put in.

Laugh. At least you are forged....how much boost do you have the EForce up to? 11?

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

They call me Pinque

Garage: