Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance (Classic or Show) [No longer looking, thanks]
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 11:38 PM by MAGNUM GT XS22L9R.)
Star Insurance (Classic or Show) [No longer looking, thanks]
I'm looking for some insurance for my 1979 Dodge Magnum GT E58. The car is 34
years old, so would like to get Classic or Show car insurance. I won't be driving it all
the time and only plan to put 2000 miles or less a year. Any suggestions on who would
be cheaper and better to go with? Thanks!

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604043_medium.jpg]

Latest project:
[Image: Magnum_GT_signature_2.jpg]

Please Register or Login to view links.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Insurance (Classic or Show)
(02-08-2013 02:52 PM)MAGNUM GT XS22L9R Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I'm looking for some insurance for my 1979 Dodge Magnum GT E58. The car is 34
years old, so would like to get Classic or Show car insurance. I won't be driving it all
the time and only plan to put 2000 miles or less a year. Any suggestions on who would

Hi--I have Grundy insurance on my Petty car-its inexpensive and based on the value put on your vehicle--I have my Petty car insured for 45,00.00 and pay less than 400.00 per year-thats based on replacement value and you can pretty much drive your car as often as you like within reason.I have had them for almost 10 years now --good luck on your quest-THEPETTYMAN
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I switched all the old cars over to Hagerty years ago and I'm thrilled with them. No mileage cap, great customer service and the one time recently that I had to submit a claim they were incredibly easy to work with and paid quickly. Also, their adjustor paid higher than the two independent quotes I'd received for the damage, and that was entirely without any input from me. A great company overall.
02-08-2013, 09:43 PM
(MAG) RE: Insurance (Classic or Show)
(02-08-2013 08:38 PM)THEPETTYMAN Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.
(02-08-2013 02:52 PM)MAGNUM GT XS22L9R Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I'm looking for some insurance for my 1979 Dodge Magnum GT E58. The car is 34

Hi--I have Grundy insurance on my Petty car-its inexpensive and based on the value put on your vehicle--I have my Petty car insured for 45,00.00 and pay less than 400.00 per year-thats based on replacement value and you can pretty much drive your car as often as you like within reason.I have had them for almost 10 years now --good luck on your quest-THEPETTYMAN
Thanks, is that 4,500.00 or 45,000.00? Laugh

(02-08-2013 09:14 PM)General Mopars Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I switched all the old cars over to Hagerty years ago and I'm thrilled with them. No mileage cap, great customer service and the one time recently that I had to submit a claim they were incredibly easy to work with and paid quickly. Also, their adjustor paid higher than the two independent quotes I'd received for the damage, and that was entirely without any input from me. A great company overall.
Thanks, Any idea what the cost and value given to your Magnum GT?

Late B body score!

Latest project:

02-08-2013, 10:19 PM
See thats what happens when you have fat fingers--yes,thats $45,000.00=
02-08-2013, 10:39 PM
(02-08-2013 10:19 PM)THEPETTYMAN Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.See thats what happens when you have fat fingers--yes,thats $45,000.00=

That's good, if only 4,500 I was going to say that's a little steep? Laugh

Late B body score!

Latest project:

02-10-2013, 01:59 AM
[/quote]
Thanks, Any idea what the cost and value given to your Magnum GT?

[/quote]

Offhand, no, but they always let you insure on the high side and the rates are extremely reasonable. Give them a call and ask. Another nice thing about Hagerty is that they only charge you liability insurance on the first car.
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
do you have to have a garage to get those?

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604033_large.jpg]
02-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Ditto on having a garage thing? Thanks!

Late B body score!

Latest project: