Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 2.36 Average
My Doba
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
RE: My Doba
Haven't seen the South Park, but probably will eventually. I watch it when I think nobody's looking.
I do NOT want to see H.C.II, but probably will.
The Cordoba looks great, Rebel. Sounds good too. Duals? I'm running a 2 into 1, 3" single with
a Magnaflow muffler, it's nice and rumble-y with a smooth idle. A lope-y can might make it more racy, but less menacing sounding

[Image: Copy2ofcordoba034-1.jpg]

[Image: cotm2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2011, 10:52 PM
(07-17-2011 10:45 PM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Haven't seen the South Park, but probably will eventually. I watch it when I think nobody's looking.
I do NOT want to see H.C.II, but probably will.
The Cordoba looks great, Rebel. Sounds good too. Duals? I'm running a 2 into 1, 3" single with
a Magnaflow muffler, it's nice and rumble-y with a smooth idle. A lope-y can might make it more racy, but less menacing sounding

Right now I am having issues with it the Holley is all screwy. I hope to have it all adjusted soon.

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604039_large.jpg]
07-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Well that sucks. What's it doing?

07-18-2011, 08:09 AM
(07-18-2011 12:49 AM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Well that sucks. What's it doing?

well some times it acts like it's not getting enough fuel,but you can smell gas inside the passenger compartment. So it's actually flooding. Also when you hit the loud pedal too fast it will actually shut off (too much fuel?) but will fire up again. Like you have to be a grandma with it starting off. I know there is a lot in the engine with a little over 115,000 miles.
We have just the the timing set by ear right now because I bought a cheap Harbor Freight Timing light. That will teach me to go cheap on some things. So I have been thinking it's not getting a strong enough spark. There I am trying to think of which way to go since it is a stock engine.
So I think a new timing gear and chain is in order considering the mileage and age, another dist but which one? Most people don't realize that the ignition system is the weak link in Mopars. So I am looking at a MSD6A box which will get rid of the the ballast resistor, a Accel or Mallory Coil. The Distributor itself I am been looking at the HEI which is a good system and a lot less to buy or a MSD which I think is overkill for a 318.
Once all that is done I can do the exhaust again, with headers and I am thinking sidepipes tucked up under the rocker with the tips just showing just for the intimidation factor.
I might just find another 318 to rebuild and do a few tricks to bring up the compression and work some heads to shoot for 400 HP without stroking the engine.

Late B body score!
07-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Mine acted that way with a Holley on it too. If I snapped the throttle open real fast it would backfire and die. Also there was a bog as soon as I'd give it any decent amount of gas from a stop. Never could get it tuned right, even with help from a buddy who uses and tunes holleys exclusively. Wish I could help with that, but I sold that thing and bought one of Summit's (then) new carbs. The 600 suits my stock-ish motor just fine. I highly recommend them. Maybe not as sexy as a Holley, but that carb and the HEI conversion are what I credit for making the formerly fussy, pain in the ass, stinky old car into a daily driver.
Really.

07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
(07-19-2011 12:29 AM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Mine acted that way with a Holley on it too. If I snapped the throttle open real fast it would backfire and die. Also there was a bog as soon as I'd give it any decent amount of gas from a stop. Never could get it tuned right, even with help from a buddy who uses and tunes holleys exclusively. Wish I could help with that, but I sold that thing and bought one of Summit's (then) new carbs. The 600 suits my stock-ish motor just fine. I highly recommend them. Maybe not as sexy as a Holley, but that carb and the HEI conversion are what I credit for making the formerly fussy, pain in the ass, stinky old car into a daily driver.
Really.

Thanks Johnny I will check it all out.

Late B body score!
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I also like the sidepipes idea. Patriot makes a nice set. I was gonna use them without the perforated covers, a lá Shelby/AC Cobra. I couldn't figure out a good way to route the headpipes though . There's a lot going on in that area. The same deal with running the exhaust out through the quarter panels ahead of the rear wheels, which I think looks cool and racy. The front leaf spring shackles are right there and it would require a complete redesign of that space. A 4-link would be cool, but that's not something I can throw together in a weekend .
That doesn't mean it's out of the question though. But theres other stuff that needs to be done first

07-19-2011, 05:35 PM
(07-19-2011 05:10 PM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I also like the sidepipes idea. Patriot makes a nice set. I was gonna use them without the perforated covers, a lá Shelby/AC Cobra. I couldn't figure out a good way to route the headpipes though . There's a lot going on in that area. The same deal with running the exhaust out through the quarter panels ahead of the rear wheels, which I think looks cool and racy. The front leaf spring shackles are right there and it would require a complete redesign of that space. A 4-link would be cool, but that's not something I can throw together in a weekend .
That doesn't mean it's out of the question though. But theres other stuff that needs to be done first

You can always use 70 Challenger T/A or AAR Cuda mufflers that exit the side in fornt of the tires.

Late B body score!