Welcome to MoparFan.com! Thanks for stopping by. No matter your Mopar interest, post it up, and talk about it here. Register, start posting, and if you want the real fun stuff, get a Garage Pass. So, kick back, post up, and stay a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
sending unit ground strap
07-16-2011, 03:58 PM
sending unit ground strap
I bought a new ground strap from Van's but it's too short. It says it's for "ALL MOPAR 68-76", but it's only 3.75" long where my old one is 6.5". It wont make the span of flex line from the sender to the hard line.
I can't get ahold of Van's today (saturday) to see whats up. Hopefully I dont have to eat it.
No matter what they say, I'm still gonna need one. Anybody got one of the longer straps they would part with? I'm guessing it's a post-75 model year oddity.
Thanks, JY.

[Image: Copy2ofcordoba034-1.jpg]

[Image: cotm2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2011, 04:03 PM
RE: sending unit ground strap
If no one here has one, check you local yards. Not just on mopars, betcha a truck might have a long enough one that would fit! Good luck!

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604043_medium.jpg]

Latest project:
[Image: Magnum_GT_signature_2.jpg]

Please Register or Login to view links.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2011, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2011 05:33 PM by Old Tired Rebel.)
Check the Help section at the chain auto parts stores. I will look in my stash of extra parts stuff. I might have one.

Late B body score!
[Image: 38880604039_large.jpg]
07-16-2011, 05:49 PM
(07-16-2011 05:31 PM)Old Tired Rebel Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.Check the Help section at the chain auto parts stores. I will look in my stash of extra parts stuff. I might have one.

Thanks, OTR. I've seen some pretty off-the-wall stuff in that section, but I don't remember ever seeing one of these. Worth another look, though.
Thanks for coming back to MoparFan, things have been much more interesting in the last couple of weeks. The moderators have been doing yeomans work keeping this site going, but there's just been a lack of activity. Much more fun to check in now.
Have a great weekend! Since my little ground strap project fizzled out (all 5 minutes of it), I guess I should work on my in-op lawn mower.
BOOOO

07-16-2011, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2011 06:30 PM by Old Tired Rebel.)
Thanks for the kind words. My wife is looking now she know which box it is in better than I do. What is it you have to fix on your mower? My middle son came in a couple of days ago about our was shot and no good. My youngest went and got a new plug last night and put it in started up. tne middle one was mad Laugh.

I will post it here when we find it.
Would a ground strap 9.5 in be long enough? It's Dirty but you can have it.

Late B body score!
07-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I dont know whats wrong with the mower. My 14 yr old told me it kept dying last week. I put in a new plug and air filter, cant find anything wrong. Meanwhile the 5 dollar backup mower from a garage sale keeps on ticking.

07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
(07-17-2011 10:34 AM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I dont know whats wrong with the mower. My 14 yr old told me it kept dying last week. I put in a new plug and air filter, cant find anything wrong. Meanwhile the 5 dollar backup mower from a garage sale keeps on ticking.

Is it getting fire?

Did you get your ground strap? I have one 9.5 inches long needs cleaning.

Late B body score!
07-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I haven't found one yet, but I also haven't looked that hard. I know I don't have one in MY stash. I had to hit the road this morning so my search got stalled before it really got started.
9 1/2", huh? What'd THAT come off of? A truck?
I appreciate you finding that, that was nice. Let me check around locally this week, probably wont get to the junkyard til Friday, and that guy crushed the 79 I'd been cannibalizing a few years ago. Still, rolling around on the ground in a dirty junkyard beats a trip to the post office any day.
If I can't find anything here we can work something out with yours, K?
Thanks,
Jon.

07-17-2011, 12:52 PM
(07-17-2011 12:50 PM)Jonnyuma Wrote: Please Register or Login to view links.I haven't found one yet, but I also haven't looked that hard. I know I don't have one in MY stash. I had to hit the road this morning so my search got stalled before it really got started.
9 1/2", huh? What'd THAT come off of? A truck?
I appreciate you finding that, that was nice. Let me check around locally this week, probably wont get to the junkyard til Friday, and that guy crushed the 79 I'd been cannibalizing a few years ago. Still, rolling around on the ground in a dirty junkyard beats a trip to the post office any day.
If I can't find anything here we can work something out with yours, K?
Thanks,
Jon.

Ok just let me know. Yeah it's off a Ford truck so really you have several choices to get one from.

Late B body score!
07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
The cat that runs the closest junkyard is a weird one. He can be hard to deal with sometimes and he's not a car-guy. He'll crush ANYTHING. I guess I'd make a lousy junkyard owner, though...I tend to get too attatched to the junk.